Sunday, December 2, 2007

I'm Your Average HomeMaker.

My parents came up for a visit and dropped this off for us since we have washer and dryer hook-ups in our apartment. It took a bit longer then expected for them to get here but they had to stop and get a part for the dryer, which we've had a for a few months, and then some hoses for the washing machine. My Dad hooked up everything for us and found out that we have a leak on our hot water faucet in the laundry room so I'll have to call the office tomorrow and have them fix it, along with the hole they left in our ceiling. Oh, the joy of apartment complexes.

Anyway, I'm sure it's probably "lame" that I'm overly excited about being able to do my own laundry but to me it's a huge step in my our life. Although, I will miss driving to his Mom's every two weeks to do laundry and visit but I'm glad we will be able to do our own wash and not having to wait a week to be able to have clean clothes. And even though it's not a brand new washer and it has a few scratches on it, it doesn't really matter because it's ours and it works perfectly well. Eventually, though, we will be purchasing on of our own when this one decides to give out.

But I feel pretty lucky to have parents that will bring me a washer, and dryer, because I can't afford to buy one on my own right now. All we have to do now is get a hose for the dryer and we will be ready to wash and dry clothes. They also brought us , what I believe is, Thomas Kinkade
, wall art that I plan on hanging over the fire place and mantel. Now our bare white walls won't be so bare and it will feel more "home-y". They also brought, they were full of gifts this visit, a 6' inch Fiber Optic Christmas Tree that William and I will put up after he gets off work tonight. Instead of having the blinking colors of red, green, white, yellow, etc., I had my Dad put in the White lights only and have them stay on continuously, instead of blink. I may also decorate it with a few strings of lights and then some ornaments but I haven't decided yet. Well, that's my exciting news for the weekend I guess I should go wash down the washer before we put it to good use tomorrow, I just hope that our water bill doesn't go back up.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Life Through My Eyes.

Labels

My photo
Wife. Full-Time Office Assistant. Housewife. Married. Nerd At Heart. Cooking And Cleaning Are My Stress Relievers. Fall Wedding 2008. Avid Book Reader. Sarcastic Humor. Psychology Lover. Wannabe Photographer. Brand New Pet Owner.