Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day Two Hundred & Thirty-Three. - Project 365.




Day Two Hundred & Thirty-Three. - Rest in Peace, Memaw. - It has been four years since I've visited her grave, I haven't been back since the day of her funeral, and every time I visit my parents I tell myself that I should visit her grave but I never do. This time, I did, my parents and I walked up to the grave yard and stood there for a couple of seconds. I had planned to sit there and just cry and talk with her but I wanted to do it alone. A few tears rolled down my eyes and I had to walk away. The fact of the matter is that visiting her grave made her passing away even more real. I think it gave me the closure that I needed and to be able to not feel guilty any longer. It didn't make it easier, though, and nothing ever will. There won't be a day that she doesn't cross my mind but at least now I can stop beating myself up about it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Life Through My Eyes.

Labels

My photo
Wife. Full-Time Office Assistant. Housewife. Married. Nerd At Heart. Cooking And Cleaning Are My Stress Relievers. Fall Wedding 2008. Avid Book Reader. Sarcastic Humor. Psychology Lover. Wannabe Photographer. Brand New Pet Owner.