Friday, April 18, 2008

Day Ninety-Nine. - Project 365.




Day Ninety-Nine. - Black Beans. - This is my first experience with fresh black beans, and when I saw fresh I mean not canned, and after reading the directions I was unsure what exactly "sorting" meant. After figuring that out I now know it means to wash and find all the rocks within the beans. Before when I used canned beans I hated the texture and the way the looked coming out of the can overall. I was very pleased with these since I could wash them and knew exactly what had been done with them and how they were cooked. I used the beans to make the Traditional Black Beans and Rice which came out pretty nicely but next time I will need to improve just a few things.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Life Through My Eyes.

Labels

My photo
Wife. Full-Time Office Assistant. Housewife. Married. Nerd At Heart. Cooking And Cleaning Are My Stress Relievers. Fall Wedding 2008. Avid Book Reader. Sarcastic Humor. Psychology Lover. Wannabe Photographer. Brand New Pet Owner.