Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Accomplishments For The New Year.

  • To continue to make payments, on-time or early, on my car. I've only make one payment late but I don't want it happen again. I, also, want to pay off as much as I can within a year of having my car since I have an outrageous interest rate. Also I need to take better care of my car and make sure it's cleaned, inside and out, regularly. Right now it looks messy and chaotic, but I need to start forcing myself to clean it more often. 
  • To start a online college course, in psychology. Since I'm working full time, 40+ hours, I think it would a better idea to do a online course rather then in a classroom. I really want this to happen and I think after a few months it can. 
  • To start eating healthier. I've already incorporated some healthy meals into our weekly meal plan, which is every-changing, but we still manage to go out to eat much more then needed. Not only does it get expensive after a while it's not good for us. I also want to start working out again, as the days get warmer, even it means going on walks once or twice a week. 
  • To continue to do well at my job and keep advancing. After working at my current job for almost six months I feel pretty confident that I am doing extremely well and have already received a raise after only four months. I want to focus on my work rather then the crazy things that are happening within the store, and all the gossip, and get the experience I need to further my job opportunities. The plan right now is to stay with the company a year and then move to something that pays better. Don't get me wrong I am making pretty good money right now and am very grateful that I found a job like this with no experience. I would just like to be able to make enough to help out with the bills and such more. 
  • To re-open my savings account and put as much money as possibly into each pay check. I'd love to start saving up a good amount of my pay check every two weeks so that I'm able to afford my wedding, or anything else for that matter. This means I won't be able to go shopping or spend money frivolously but I need to start being more frugal and put my money in savings. Plus, what's wrong with a little sacrifice once in a while right? I've gotten much more responsible with my money but now I need to learn how to save it.
  • To really start planning our wedding. Or make a decision on how we are going to have the wedding. With a little less then 10 months until our wedding date I have very little planned and even less booked. I need to throw myself into it and start planning and booking things. But I also don't want to get caught up in the wedding drama, and being a Bridezilla, that I forget what this wedding is all about. If we decide not to have the traditional wedding and "elope" then I need to make a decision on that as well. It's time to stop being indecisive and decide, that's all there is to it. 
  • To be less messy and more tidy. After working forty hours a week and wanting to do nothing but come home and veg out in front of the television it's very hard to get motivated to clean. But I need to stop being so lazy and such a procrastinator. That way on my days off I can do nothing but relax. 
  • To remember not to stress and worry about little things. This one is really hard for me since I stress and worry about everything. Seriously, it's a part of my personality and I can't help it. But I've noticed that when I do stress is makes me rather irritable, go figure, and I just need to let it go. I'm not sure if this one will be attainable but I'm going to try my best. Nothing good has ever come out of stress and worry, right? Only headaches and blood pressure medication. 

Well, that's all I can think of right now that I want to happen within the next year. I'm sure I'll think of other things but I didn't want my list to be too long, or ridiculous, so I'll leave it at that. This is more of a look-back-on type of thing for myself so that at the end of this year I can see if I actually accomplished any of these goals I have set for myself. I do, though, already feel as if I have accomplished so much this past year already. I've grown up in so many ways and I feel like a completely different person and I can't wait to grow even more and see how this 2008 pans out. 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Life Through My Eyes.

Labels

My photo
Wife. Full-Time Office Assistant. Housewife. Married. Nerd At Heart. Cooking And Cleaning Are My Stress Relievers. Fall Wedding 2008. Avid Book Reader. Sarcastic Humor. Psychology Lover. Wannabe Photographer. Brand New Pet Owner.